FTI CNG priority panels and hydrogen priority panels provide CNG and hydrogen flow control for CNG and hydrogen refueling technology applications. They are designed to direct the flow of CNG/H2 from the compressor to on-site storage banks.
FTI manufactures three types of priority panels:
FTI's standard CNG priority panel is designed to provide priority filling features and CNG flow control from the compressor to storage banks.
Standard CNG priority panels also provide shutoff functions for the CNG supply to a single hose CNG dispenser. Three pneumatic shutoff valves are supplied for each line leading to the dispenser. The three valves are held open during CNG filling and closed in emergency shutoff situations.
CNG Priority Panel Specifications
FTI standard CNG priority panels can be configured to meet your needs and comply with all local regulations:
- FTI Station Monitoring System (SMS) will close the shutoff valves in case of gas, flame, or smoke detection.
All pneumatic valves are spring return and fail-safe (i.e. closed)
- To ensure fastest possible vehicle fueling, the panel includes a dispenser top up feature. If the compressor is running and there is insufficient pressure in the storage, the flow from the compressor is automatically directed to the dispenser.
- 1/2" stainless piping and fittings on pressure lines.
- Liquid-filled, panel-mounted pressure gauges for storage pressure (three gauges, one for each storage bank) and compressor delivery pressure are installed on standard CNG priority panels.
- All tube connections to compressor supply; three storage banks and single dispenser supply line are 1/2" tube connections
- The entire standard CNG priority panel is constructed to the highest safety and performance standards available.
FTI standard hydrogen priority panels have two main functions. The first is to "prioritize" the filling of three hydrogen storage banks when they drop below a set pressure level. Three spring-loaded valves open in series to direct the compressor to fill Bank 3, Bank 2, and finally Bank 1.
The second main function of standard hydrogen priority panels is to "sequence" the flow of gas from the hydrogen storage banks to the hydrogen dispenser. This control provides the ability to select the points at which the sequencing valves are opened between the first and second banks and the second and third banks. The purpose of sequencing is to safely maximize the flow rate through the hydrogen dispenser by switching between the three storage banks as they are depleted.
Hydrogen Priority Panel Specifications
FTI standard hydrogen priority panels can be configured to meet your needs and comply with all local regulations:
Contact FTI to discuss your requirements for CNG priority panels, hydrogen priority panels, and for all CNG and hydrogen refueling products and components.